CUSTOMERS MUST MEET BOTH OUR MINIMUM AGE AND HEIGHT REQUIREMENTS, ALONG WITH OUR OTHER REQUIREMENTS TO BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN A NIGHT TREK
Please read carefully and call us if you have any questions.
- Minimum age to participate is 14 years old on day of visit
- Minimum height to participate is 5′ (with shoes on)
- Weight maximum is 250lbs per person
- You must fit in our harnesses: Waist = 45 inches, Thighs = 26 inches. Harnesses must be tightened by at least 1 inch.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to participate for safety reasons
- We will refuse entry if you are suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Our guides reserve the right to determine which courses each person can go on
- We do not guarantee that all courses will be open on any day or that you will have time to complete all courses during your visit
If you have any health conditions or concerns, please inform the office staff at time of booking and upon arrival.
Youth aged 14 to 17 years must have an adult in the park with them (climbing or watching from ground) at a ratio of 1 for every 5.
All minors must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver form that is filled out upon arrival. You can also download the waiver ahead of time and have parents/guardian fill it out before coming.
What to Wear
Closed toed shoes like running shoes or hiking shoes (no sandals or Crocs).
Comfortable/ athletic clothing – shorts are fine on hot days, but we recommend longer shorts that come down to your knee.
You can not wear any headware under your helmet, unless it is thin, and skin tight
If applying bug spray or sunscreen, please do so before putting on our safety harness and helmet.
All necessary safety equipment will be provided to you for your visit. This includes a headlamp, rock climbing style harness, and a safety helmet.
For liability reasons only our equipment may be used in the parks. Those with their own harnesses and helmets are asked to please leave them at home.
All safety equipment is inspected daily by our staff to ensure that it is in safe working order. All helmets are disinfected after each use.
Gloves are not mandatory, however many people do prefer to use them. You are welcome to bring your own gloves (tight fitting gardening or cycling gloves work best), or you can purchase them at the park when in-stock.
Mandatory Safety Orientation
All participants must take part in an approximately 30 minute safety orientation before each visit. Our guides will explain to you the rules of the park and show you how to safely use your equipment.
What happens if it rains ?
We climb rain or shine! We don’t let rain slow us down one bit, and Treetop Trekking is totally safe in the rain. The only time we won’t climb is if there is thunder and lightning, or really high winds. When this happens we close our courses until the bad weather has passed, and get everyone back up climbing as quickly as possible.
If high winds or thunderstorms persist and the Lead Guide decides that climbs can not resume, customers will be issued a rain check for the unused portion of the climb.
Participants must observe the following points:
- I must participate in the safety orientation before attempting the aerial courses or zip-lines.
- Except when I am moving my safety lines between cables, I must always REMAIN ATTACHED TO THE CABLES BY 2 CARABINERS. I MUST NEVER DETACH BOTH CARABINERS AT THE SAME TIME.
- I must observe the coloured tape attached to the cables and attach the carabiners to the correct cables.
- I must respect any decision of the Park Guides.
- Coloured bracelets are distributed according to the age and the height of each participant. I must wear the bracelet given to me at all times while participating in the Activities.
- Youth under the age of 17 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- There must be no more than 2 participants on a platform at a time, and no more than 2 participants on a game at a time. THERE MUST BE NO MORE THAN 1 PERSON ON OR ATTACHED TO A ZIP-LINE AT A TIME.
- It is formally forbidden to smoke anywhere in the Park.
- It is forbidden, except with authorization to walk underneath the courses (outside of the trail).
- I must respect my designated return time to the chalet.
- Pregnant women and individuals with heart conditions should not participate in the Activities.
- Individuals who are overweight and/or in poor physical condition should be conscious of their well-being while participating in the Activities and should cease participation if necessary.
- RAIN CHEQUES will be provided if the Lead Guide determines that climbing cannot continue.
- Treetop Trekking and its Guides reserve the right of exclusion, with no other form of warning or reimbursement, of any person who does not respect the Park Regulations and other rules.